Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple elegant appetizer , written as is from my local paper. I plan to use this soon and did not want to forget about it or lose it, so it is being posted for safe keeping.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 56.69-85.04 g of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled pitted and coarsely chopped
- 44.37 ml sour cream
- cayenne pepper
- 44.37 ml chopped green onions, including green stems
- Cut 18 rounds from cucumber (about 1/4 inch thick) and save any leftover for another use. Top each round with a thin slice of salmon cut to fit. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the salmon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place avocado, sour cream, 1 teaspoon pf lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a food processor and process until smooth and blended.
- Garnish each cucumber slice with a dollop of avocado cream and sprinkle with green onions.
Very easy appetizer! I made up the avocado, sour cream mixture in the morning and it was an easy assembly in the evening. Love the combination of ingredients they blend well. Thanks for sharing this recipe.