Iron Bloomers's Note:
A very different way to fix cucumbers. A great go-a-long with summer meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: Do not used waxed cucumbers.
- 2Wash cucumbers, dry off and remove the ends.
- 3Score the skins with the tines if a fork, dragging it the length of the cuke; repeat all the way around.
- 4Slice cucumbers very, very thin.
- 5Place in a bowl; sprinkle with salt and sugar.
- 6Add vinegar and press slightly with back of a spoon.
- 7Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Keeps well in a covered jar.
- 9The end result is similar to an uncooked pickle.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Salad-Swedish Style
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 469.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g