Prep 3 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this cool, refreshing salad with Lamb Tagine and Moroccan Couscous. Make the salad early in the day and keep in the refrigerator to let the flavors blend and intensify. Add more mint to taste, but do not substitute dried mint; the flavor is just not the same.
- 2 hot house cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Stir together the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, mint, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make your own Greek yogurt, place 2 1/2 cups of plain, nonfat yogurt in a strainer lined with several layers of cheesecloth. Place over a bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight. Discard the liquid collected in the bowl, and proceed with the recipe!
When I made this, I did not use as much of the Greek yogurt. I cut back on the mint after I read one of the reviews. I may add the rest later. Made for team Soup-A-Stars during ZWT9 2013
Tasty but the mint is overpowering. Maybe it needs to meld some more. I used Fage 0% and it was a little too thick. Other greek yogurts are thinner so probably are ok. Made for ZWT9.
tart refreshing zwt9