Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I first tried this in an a restaurant in the Jewish Quarter of Krakow. It struck me as so simple and so good, I had to find a recipe.
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh and chopped
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt in a bowl. Add oil slowly while whisking.
- Halve the cucumber and seed it by running a small spoon down the center. Cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss the cucumber and dill with the dressing to coat.
Easy to make. Went very well with grilled salmon. Was a hit at a recent get together. thx
This is perfect to complement meat or fish cooked on the grill! Nice tangy taste! I followed the recipe exactly except I increased the amount of fresh dill to about 1/4 cup. I think I'll make this the next time I need to bring a potluck dish.