Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick to fix, finger food, that requires no cooking!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix (like Good Seasons)
- 2 -3 cucumbers, sliced fairly thin
- 1 loaf rye cocktail bread
- dill weed
- Mix together cream cheese and dressing mix with a small amount of milk until of spreadable consistancy.
- Spread on rye bread slices.
- Place 1-2 slices of cucumber on top.
- Sprinkle with dill weed.
These are amazingly simply and amazingly delicious. I have made them many times now and decided to post a review. I follow the recipe exactly (although I only use one cucumber slice per sandwich - it fits perfectly) and have never been disappointed. They are especially pretty arranged concentrically on a round platter. This is a super keeper!
Gaveit 4 out of 5 stars because it does need 1/2 cup of mayo to help bring down the saltiness. I used french bread in lieu of rye and it was a HOMERUN!
I'm sorry but this was just not good. It had to be the Italian Seasoning (I used Good Seasons). The flavor was just overpowering and we just could not eat it. I was thinking that it might be better with ranch seasoning instead, though.