Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A typical salad served with Cuban meals. From 3 Guys from Miami.
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 6 -8 radishes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in wedges, cut the onion in thin slices. Break up the lettuce by hand.
- Toss all ingredients together with the radishes. Place all the vegetables in the refrigerator to chill.
- Use a mortar and pestle to mash the garlic with the salt and pepper. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice to the crushed garlic. Whisk together thoroughly.
- You can also use a blender to emulsify the oil and liquids.
- Just before serving: Gradually add the dressing, a little at a time, while you toss the salad with a couple of large salad forks.
- Add just enough dressing to cover the salad -- more or less to your own taste.