Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sensationally good with chunky mashed potatoes. Needs to marinate for 1 day for best flavour.
Make and share this Cuban Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 scallions, with tops minced
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 jalapeno, seeded,minced
- 2 cups minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup hot pepper jelly
- Combine the garlic, scallions, pine nuts, jalapeno and cilantro in a food processor and process to a thick paste.
- Add the olive oil gradually, processing constantly.
- Combine with the lime juice, olives, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Unroll the roast if it has been tied and spread with 2/3 of the cilantro paste.
- Reroll the roast and tie with string.
- Make shallow incisions over the surface of the roast with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Place in a shallow dish.
- Stir the grapefruit juice, orange juice and lime juice into the remaining cilantro paste.
- Pour over the roast.
- Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Drain the roast, reserving the marinade.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 1 3/4 hours, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- Brush the roast with the pepper jelly and roast for 15 minutes longer or until done to taste.
- Remove the roast to a platter and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices and serve.