2 hrs 15 mins
Sensationally good with chunky mashed potatoes. Needs to marinate for 1 day for best flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cloves garlic
- 4 scallions, with tops minced
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 jalapeno, seeded,minced
- 2 cups minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
- 1Combine the garlic, scallions, pine nuts, jalapeno and cilantro in a food processor and process to a thick paste.
- 2Add the olive oil gradually, processing constantly.
- 3Combine with the lime juice, olives, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 4Unroll the roast if it has been tied and spread with 2/3 of the cilantro paste.
- 5Reroll the roast and tie with string.
- 6Make shallow incisions over the surface of the roast with the tip of a sharp knife.
- 7Place in a shallow dish.
- 8Stir the grapefruit juice, orange juice and lime juice into the remaining cilantro paste.
- 9Pour over the roast.
- 10Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 11Preheat oven to 375F.
- 12Drain the roast, reserving the marinade.
- 13Place the roast in a roasting pan.
- 14Roast for 1 3/4 hours, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
- 15Brush the roast with the pepper jelly and roast for 15 minutes longer or until done to taste.
- 16Remove the roast to a platter and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 17Cut into 1/2-inch slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 779.2
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 183.8 mg
- Sodium 191.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 66.8 g