Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From All About Cuban Cooking cookbook, this is a simple and tasty salad.
Make and share this Cuban Chayote Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chayotes (also known as meletons or mirletons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Boil chayotes until tender, 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and cut into 1" cubes.
- Mix the rest of ingredients and pour over cubed chayote.
- Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Serve over lettuce. Enjoy!
I made for 1 serving and found that it could be 2-3 servings. I did use Spice Mix! and Flavoured Aromatic Herb and Fruit Oil for the salt, pepper and oil. Served over garden grown baby greens. Chayotes gave a nice crunch almost no flavor working great with the peppery arugula. Thanks.
A very mild salad, that goes well with a spicier dish, like Cuban Ropa Vieja. I love chayote but don't fix it enough. This is quick and easy, and will be made often. Thnx for posting, Sharon. Made for ZWT5 for RRR.