LI Girl's Note:
Quick and easy. From Real Simple magazine, March 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 radishes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Stir in the cumin and cook 1 minute.
- 4Add beans, oregano, and 1 cup of water. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 5Add the vinegar and smash some of the beans with the back of a fork to thicken.
- 6Serve the beans over rice and top with the radishes and cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 445.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g