Top Review by Mrs.Habu
This was very easy and quick to make. My husband loved it. It tasted better to me the followed day reheated as the flavours had fully developed. Next time, I would use a little less oregano- perhaps half the amount because it was a little overpowering.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 large white onion, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped canned tomato
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef top round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 4 large peeled potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- white pepper
- white rice, as an accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and saute onions for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, peppers, tomatoes, spices, and meat and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add Sherry and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes and enough water to cover meat and potatoes.
- Let simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be served with white rice.