Recipe by out of here
This is my favorite pound cake. This recipe came out of a book called, Bell's Best. A friend in Augusta, Georgia gave me this cookbook. This makes a good cake for strawberry shortcake.
Top Review by pines506
Excellent pound cake. I love the crunchy topping. This is the best pound cake I've made and so easy to mix up too. I did use butter instead of the oleo and I used cake flour and sifted once. I couldn't resist and had a piece before bed last night. It was still hot and sooo good. A cooled piece this morning -- just as good!
- 1 cup oleo
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and measure; resift twice with soda.
- Set aside.
- Cream oleo and add the sugar slowly, beating constantly to cream well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well.
- Stir in vanilla and turn batter into a well greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in 325°F oven about 1 1/2 hours.
- Place pan on rack to cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen cake around edge of pan.
- Turn cake onto rack to cool completely.