Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I threw this together for lunch, and it was great! I bought some really good french rolls to make this comfort sandwich. I hope you enjoy it!
- Butter bottom and top of roll.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Put seasoned side down in hot skillet. Don't walk away, as it will brown quickly.
- Layer one side of roll with cheese and sliced tomato and other side with other slice of cheese.
- Watch to see when the cheese starts to melt. This doesn't take long.
- Flip the just cheese side on top of the tomato side and slide out onto plate. Cut in half.
I won't post a rating until I try this again using better bread and tastier cheese. I used plain white bread which I coated with a light layer of garlic powder and Italian herbs, organic butter, vine-ripened tomatoes, extra tasty vegetarian cheese (not my favourite one) and I added a little sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. I always toast sandwiches on a low setting so the cheese will melt before the outside cooks, and had no trouble with the outside burning before the inside was done. As made above, I'd give it a 4.
Thank you for a great lunch! I added some bacon, but other than that, this was a good sandwich just the way VickyJ wrote it. Definitely will make this again!
The only way you could make this possibly taste better is to put a couple of slices of thick pepper bacon in with the cheese and tomato. That would be the ultimate, and I will definately be trying it that way!