2 hrs 31 mins
1 hr 46 mins
Morton Design Graphics's Note:
PAN DE CUBA DE AFUERA DURA
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Do not preheat the oven this time! Proof the yeast in the lukewarm water with the sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add the flour and the salt, a little at a time, stirring and mixing until you have a rather stiff dough.
- 3Remove to a lightly floured work surface and knead the dough for a few minutes, then place in a large buttered bowl, cover with a towel and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in bulk.
- 4Again, remove the dough to the floured work surface and punch it down a couple of times.
- 5Divide into 2 equal pieces and shape into 2 oblong loaves about 18" long.
- 6Sprinkle a baking sheet with the corn flour and place the loaves on top.
- 7Cover and let rise for a few minutes.
- 8Now place the baking sheet with the 2 loaves on the upper rack in your oven.
- 9On the rack beneath the baking sheet place a tin form with hot water and turn the oven on to 400 degrees.
- 10Bake the breads for about 16 minutes or until a crust begins to form.
- 11Remove from the oven and brush the tops with cold water, then return the breads to the oven and bake about 30 minutes more, or until they are golden.
- 12Cool on a rack
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crusty Bread From Cuba
Serving Size: 1 (1295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1427.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6993.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 299.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 40.6 g