Recipe by majorkwoods
This is a very easy and successful recipe for the cheesecake lover in your home. The spring-form pan makes the baking of this extraordinary cake simple yet elegant in presentation. A family friend brought this recipe from the French province of Alsace.
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups fresh fruit or 1 (10 ounce) can pie filling, your choice of flavor
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cottage cheese and milk in blender. Liquify until smooth and shiny. Remove to large mixing bowl or standing mixer and cream with the cream cheese. When well creamed, gradually add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and cornstarch and mix well. Slowly add into batter.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add lemon juice and vanilla to batter and beat well. Supposedly, one cannot "over-beat" this cake.
- Add softened, not melted, butter, beat well. Add sour cream, beat well.
- Pour into a well greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Bake one hour at 325 Degrees F. Turn oven off and allow cake to remain inside over one hour more. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR. Cake may rise above pan sides during first hour, but will settle during second hour.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing cake from pan. Add topping as desired. Refrigerate before slicing, or, top each slice with fresh or prepared fruit.