Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup adobo sauce, from chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces Doritos
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon jalapeno
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. Set in the frig. for two hours.
- In a food processor, put Doritos, spices and jalapeno and process until finely crushed. Place on waxed paper when ready to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a med. bowl, whisk egg.
- Dip fish into egg and then coat both sides of the fish with crust ingredients. Be sure they are well coated.
- Place fish on parchment paper lined baking sheet and squeeze lime over the fish.
- Bake for 30 minute.
- Serve with the chipotle lime dressing and enjoy.
I was glad to find this recipe for Tilapia, that is different from any others that I have seen. It was easy to make and very good. I would recommend making sure to use Doritos. I used Tostitos, thinking they would be the same, but I think the Doritos would definitely give it a lighter, crispier coating. I would be interested in trying a flavored chip, as I assumed the recipe intended to use a regular flavored chip. I toned down the spices a little, as I was serving the fish to my two daughters who prefer their food a little tame. My husband would love it with all the spices and full of flavor. Thanks for a great recipe! I'll be making this one again. Oh yes, I really liked the dressing. The kids didn't care for it.