Recipe by 2Bleu
All Lite-Bleu recipes are complete meals that we designed for our weight loss diet. Please visit our homepage for more info.
Top Review by RedVinoGirl
Ok...this is INSANELY delicious for such a low fat and simple recipe!!! In fact, it tastes high fat so I rate this 5 stars even on a full fat meal rating scale. I increased the amount of sauce and subbed 3 ounces of Boursin lite cheese and the rest fat free plain cream cheese. My husband couldn't keep his head out of the sauce and asked what was in it (thinking it was super high fat) when I told him how light it was, he joked that it reminds him of the Seinfeld episode regarding the supposedly fat free ice cream! This is rich and heavenly. I served this over baked potatoes and a side of cauliflower. Kids devoured the chicken. This gets a standing ovation from our family for the health/taste department! Keep these light tasty ones coming 2Bleu! LOVED IT!
- 6 ritz reduced-fat crackers, finely crushed
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded and halved
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 ounces neufchatel cheese, cut into small cubes (or cream cheese)
- 1 baked potato, halved
- 2 cups carrots, steamed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper on plate and set aside. Rinse chicken with cold water and gently shake off excess. Dip chicken in crumb mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each chicken breast with the crumb mixture.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes on each side until cooked through (170°F). Place chicken on serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken broth and the cream cheese to same skillet. Cook on medium heat until mixture just comes to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Spoon sauce over chicken and sides, and garnish with fresh chives.