Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another take on mashed potatoes to impress company or your family!
- 4 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup butter
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- Cut potatoes into even sized chunks.
- Place in cold, salted water& bring to a boil.
- Lower heat& simmer until tender, about 10- 15 minutes.
- Drain well& place back on burner (heat off) for several minutes.
- Shake pot occasionally to dry potatoes.
- Season to taste.
- Crush with a potato masher but leave some texture in the potatoes.
- Melt butter in skillet on low heat.
- Add garlic& saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Remove garlic& reserve.
- Pour butter over potatoes& gently combine.
- Pile in buttered serving dish& stud with garlic.
Boy, I just loved the sliced, browned garlic on these potatoes! Mmm, mmm! Crispy, garlicky! Thanks CL!
Very, very good. I cut the recipe down for 2 people. Love the skins in the mashed up potatoes, the garlic butter is so good with the slices of garlic on the potatoes. I will be making this again when we have company for dinner.
Easy to make and yummy!