Recipe by A la Carte
Serve with cooked red cabbage and sugar snap peas and a spicy mayonnaise. Adapted from Bon Appetit. (The mayo is spicy so if you like, add the curry paste 1 tsp at a time and taste to suit your tastes). I make this using fat free mayo and sour cream, to cut the calories!
- 3⁄4 cup wasabi peas
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime rind, grated
For the mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients for the spicy mayonnaise very well. Chill while you make the salmon.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Blend wasabi peas in a mini-chopper until ground but some coarsely crushed pieces.
- Lightly spray oil a rimmed baking sheet, and arrange salmon on top. Sprinkle fish with salt.
- Press ground wasabi peas onto top of the fish, covering the tops completely.
- Sprinkle the grated lime peel over the salmon and drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, or spray with spray oil.
- Roast salmon until just opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Roasting time will vary depending on the thickness of your fillets. Just check the fish for doneness.
- I would serve the salmon on a bed of red cabbage with snow peas on the side. Mayonnaise for dipping.