Recipe by FLKeysJen
This "dinner in a bowl" is good for you and your pocketbook. Two colors of cabbage entice your eyes, and fill you up — one chicken breast feeds the whole family!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 green cabbage
- 1⁄2 red cabbage
- peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 3 ounces your favorite flavor ramen noodles, uncooked and crumbled (I used Maruchan Oriental)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in thin julienne strips and marinate in sesame oil.
- In the meantime, cut carrots and bell pepper in julienne strips. Remove the tough outer leaves from the cabbages and shred in thin strips.
- Heat a small amount of peanut oil in a wok or large skillet on high; add chicken and stir fry until just cooked - a tad underdone is better than overdone as you'll be returning it to the hot wok later; remove to serving dish.
- Heat a little more peanut oil in wok and add carrots, red pepper and both cabbages. Stir fry for a minute or so and add stock plus seasoning packet from ramen noodles. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring frequently. Add in chicken and crumbled uncooked ramen noodles; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly to mix and heat. Remove from burner and serve hot.