Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the NY Times. Here for safekeeping and to try.
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sherry wine (or orange juice)
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, more for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- grated lemon zest (from one lemon)
- 1 pinch salt
- Put raisins in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan and cover with sherry or orange juice. Heat on stove top or in microwave oven until liquid is steaming hot (about 1 1/2 minutes in microwave or 3 minutes on stove). Let cool while you prepare kugel mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 11-by-17-inch jellyroll pan. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well. Immediately return noodles to pot and add butter. Toss until butter melts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Drain raisins and add to bowl along with buttered noodles. Mix well.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until top is crusty and golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.