From the NY Times. Here for safekeeping and to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put raisins in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan and cover with sherry or orange juice. Heat on stove top or in microwave oven until liquid is steaming hot (about 1 1/2 minutes in microwave or 3 minutes on stove). Let cool while you prepare kugel mixture.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 11-by-17-inch jellyroll pan. Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well. Immediately return noodles to pot and add butter. Toss until butter melts.
- 3In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Drain raisins and add to bowl along with buttered noodles. Mix well.
- 4Spread mixture in prepared pan and smooth top. Bake until top is crusty and golden, 25 to 35 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Noodle Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 686.1
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.9 mg
- Sodium 411.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 22.7 g