2 hrs 30 mins
Chandra M's Note:
This is not your typical blended gazpacho. I prefer the pieces of vegetables and slight spice in this recipe. It takes a while to make, but is well worth it. *If you store & serve in a large cast iron dutch oven (such as Le Creuset), the soup will stay cool for quite awhile if you are bringing it to a potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 64 -96 ounces tomato juice (use high quality)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (halved)
- 1 seedless cucumber, shredded (halved)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped (flat leaf)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 6 medium radishes, shredded
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and minced
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, do not drain (I use Muir Glen)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (to taste)
- 1In food processor combine 1/2 carrots, 1/2 cucumber, garlic, parsley, vinegar, olive oil, & hot sauce.
- 2Puree until smooth.
- 3ou may need to add some of the tomato juice depending on the consistency.
- 4Combine all remaining ingredients (except tomato juice) with the puree mixture in a very large bowl.
- 5Add tomato juice to your desired consistency.
- 6Chill for 30 minutes to combine flavors.
- 7Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 8Can be served at room temperature or cold.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Garden Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 718.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
diced fire-roasted tomatoes