This recipe is from the "How to cook Everything" cookbook by Mark Bittman - It is wonderful and I recommend that you try the recipe as is without substituting anything however if you don't like curry substitute other mixed spices more to your personal taste. The chicken is crunchy outside, tasty and moist inside. I served it with rice, green beans & baby carrots. You'll make this one again
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed & patted dry
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water (you may want to add a bit more as you go on)
- vegetable oil, for the pan (apprx enough oil to have 1/8-inch on the pan)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1Rub the chicken all over with the vinegar.
- 2Combine salt, pepper& curry powder and rub this mixture into the chicken.
- 3Mix flour& water together to make a paste about the thickness of yogurt, coat the chicken pieces (dip the chicken into the batter).
- 4Heat the oil in a skillet and when it is hot add chicken pieces.
- 5Keep a good constant sizzle to the frying chicken but regulate the heat so it does not burn the chicken.
- 6After 2 minutes rotate the chicken (do not flip yet) so the pieces are getting even heat& crispness on all the edges.
- 7After another 2 minutes (4 minutes total) flip the chicken and continue cooking the other side.
- 8Sprinkle with a little juice or vinegar just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crunchy Curried Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.7 mg
- Sodium 113.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 42.7 g