Recipe by canarygirl
My mom gave me this recipe, and I just love it! It's so easy to throw together, and tastes great.
Top Review by ryjayco
I have a recipe very similar to this. When I make it several people always ask for the recipe. It's very easy, tastes delicious and it's different...not the same old potato salad or mac salad that so many people bring to gatherings. <br/>When I make mine, I use "Rainbow Slaw" or "Broccoli Slaw" as it's a little more colorful than ordinary cabbage slaw. I've also used shelled pumpkin seeds in place of the sunflower seeds and that was great too. Definitely give this recipe a try at your next party. It's a real hit!
- 1 (16 ounce) package Coleslaw (grated cabbage and carrots)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package ramen noodles (beef flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss together cole slaw and green onions.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, and ramen seasoning packet.
- Pour over salad and toss together.
- Just before serving, add ramen noodles (broken into small pieces), almonds and sunflower seeds and toss together.