There is plenty of crunch in this salad from the Napa cabbage, toasted almonds, and dried ramen noodles. If you want a little more zing, sprinkle some crushed red chile peppers. Also try substituting peanuts for the almonds.
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly siced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesuncooked oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (save 1 seasoning mix packet for dressing) or 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed (save 1 seasoning mix packet for dressing)
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil (or 1/4 cup sesame oil and 1/4 cup cooking oil for milder flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced (optional)
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and 1 Ramen noodle seasoning packet and pour over salad.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight or several hours.