Recipe by Sharlene~W
There is plenty of crunch in this salad from the Napa cabbage, toasted almonds, and dried ramen noodles. If you want a little more zing, sprinkle some crushed red chile peppers. Also try substituting peanuts for the almonds.
Top Review by hotlilnumber
My friend has made this recipe at our work potlucks for years, and it is always the best thing there! She only uses one package of the ramen noodles, and makes the dressing the night before. About 30 minutes before serving, she stirs in the crushed ramen noodles and dressing. This way the noodles are really crunchy!! Trust me, you can't go wrong with this one..
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded or thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly siced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, sliced
- 2 (3 ounce) packagesuncooked oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles (save 1 seasoning mix packet for dressing) or 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed (save 1 seasoning mix packet for dressing)
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil (or 1/4 cup sesame oil and 1/4 cup cooking oil for milder flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced (optional)
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients and 1 Ramen noodle seasoning packet and pour over salad.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight or several hours.