Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple chicken and rice casserole recipe. Cook chicken ahead of time and prep time is almost nothing. Try wheat saltine crackers for a different taste.
- 1⁄2 lb chopped chicken (breast or thighs)
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- chicken soup base (to taste)
- 20 -30 saltine crackers
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Boil or slow cook chicken ahead of time and chop or pull apart into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Add chicken to dish and stir.
- Crumble crackers on top of chicken.
- Lightly spray top of casserole with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.