Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was a blue ribbon winner at our school fall festival!
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups peeled and thinly sliced granny smith apples
Topping 1 before baking
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Topping 2 after baking
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Mix filling together the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Then toss the mixed dry ingrediants with the apples to coat.
- To make topping 1, mix the brown sugar, flour and oats together. Then, using a pastry blender, cut butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Fill the unbaked pie shell with apple filling, top with crumb mixture. Cover edges with foil to prevent burning. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 25 minutes, until topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with topping 2 -pecans and drizzle caramel topping over. Cool on wire.