Recipe by JenPo
My grandmother makes this for barbecues. I hate mayonnaise, so this is a nice alternative to regular coleslaw.
Top Review by SusieQusie
This was a great make-ahead potluck dish! I mixed the salad the day before and tossed the ramen noodles and nuts in about 30 minutes before serving. I did need more dressing and had anticipated this when making it; made a double batch & added the extra with the nuts and noodles. Definitely a make again recipe!
- 8 ounces shredded broccoli (can be found in section where coleslaw is sold)
- 8 ounces angel hair Coleslaw
- 3 ounces sunflower seeds
- 3 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix broccoli and coleslaw in one bowl.
- Crush Ramen noodles, discard flavor packet.
- Toast sunflower seeds, almonds, and Ramen in oven until lightly browned, and reserve in another bowl.
- In the third bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, oil, and seasonings.
- Just before serving, mix the contents of the three bowls together (to keep it crunchy).