Prep 20 mins
Cook 27 mins
Comfort food! And with chicken, veggies, dairy, and bread, it's a meal in one!
Make and share this Crunchy Biscuit Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) diagonal-cut green beans, drained
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- In medium saucepan, combine chicken, soup, green beans, mushrooms, cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour hot chicken mixture into ungreased 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Arrange over hot chicken mixture in dish. Brush each biscuit with butter. Sprinkle with crushed croutons.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 23-27 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown and bottoms are no longer doughy.
I followed the recipe exactly and found it was really salty for my taste. Although I absolutely LOVE the biscuits with the crushed croÃ»tons.
Very tasty! I did use fresh mushrooms, sauteed and homemade biscuits instead of canned, but it turned out good and was very tasty.