Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old grocery store recipe that I have been enjoying for years!
- 1 prepared pie crust (I recommend)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 (398 ml) cansliced peaches or 2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugars and cinnamon together.
- Cut cold butter into mixture using two knives or one of those handy gadgets (the name evades me)until pieces are small pea-sized.
- Put half of the mixture into the bottom of the pie shell.
- Put peaches in pie.
- Mix nuts with remaining mixture (if you're using any) and use the mixture to top the pie.
- Bake pie for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.