Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tangy side dish. If you're a tomato fan--You'll love these.
- 6 large tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 pinch thyme
- Cut tomatoes in half and arrange in shallow pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil, cut side up 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- In small skillet, cook onion in butter, until soft.
- Stir in rest of ing.
- Spoon onto tomatoes.
- Broil about 3 minutes longer -- until lightly browned.
I made this side dish and it was a big hit. Flavor wise it was wonderful with the fresh parsley and fresh thyme from my herb garden. It made an awfully pretty dish, and we loved it. Thanks for sharing! I will make this one again and again!