Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy, savory appetizer. From Oprah.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, with stems removed, chopped (button or wild)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 24 slices country bread, small slices (1/2-inch-thick, preferably ciabatta)
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, and cut into 24 slices (salted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in wine; increase heat to high and cook, stirring, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in salt and pepper.
- Arrange bread on a large baking sheet.
- Top each piece with a slice of mozzarella.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top crostini with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve warm.