Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 links sweet Italian sausage
- 6 -8 slices crostini
- Add ricotta to a bowl; add in the parmesan, salt, and pepper; beat with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Add the sausages and a few tablespoons water in a small saute pan; puncture the skin of the sausages with a fork and cook over medium heat.
- When the water evaporates, continue cooking sausages until they brown.
- Remove from heat and, when cool enough to handle, skin the sausages and crumble the meat.
- Add the crumbled sausages to the ricotta mixture; blend well.
- Spread the ricotta and sausage mixture on the crostini; serve immediately.