2 hrs 10 mins
From "Dining by Design". Description: Tastes like a chocolate-filled croissant. Perfect for dessert or brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the croissants in a large baking pan. Dry, uncovered, at room temperature for 12 hours or heat in the oven at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- 2Butter a shallow V/2-quart baking dish. Arrange half the croissants in a single layer in the baking dish. Sprinkle half the chocolate evenly over the croissants. Top with the remaining croissants.
- 3Whisk the eggs, sugar, milk, 1/2 cup of the cream, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; pour over the croissants. Cut the butter into pieces; dot over the croissant mixture. Chill, covered, for 1 to 24 hours.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake the pudding on the middle rack for 40 minutes or until slightly puffed and golden. Melt the remaining chocolate in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup cream and a pinch of salt. Cook until well mixed, whisking constantly. Keep warm, covered.
- 5Serve the pudding warm or at room temperature with the sauce.
- 6Yield.- 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croissant Bread Pudding With Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 113.6 mg
- Sodium 200.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: