Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This originally called for 2 cans of black beans, but my kids aren't huge fans of black beans so I changed it for them. You can assemble this in advance and put it in the crock stoneware in the fridge overnight.
- 1 butternut squash, medium sized, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, medium sized, diced
- 1 onion, medium sized, finely chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can tomatoes, diced with juice
- 538.64 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 538.64 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 127.57 g can green chilies, chopped, with liquid
- 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients except cilantro in medium-sized crockpot.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Add cilantro; cook on high 15-20 minutes longer.