Recipe by wife2abadge
This originally called for 2 cans of black beans, but my kids aren't huge fans of black beans so I changed it for them. You can assemble this in advance and put it in the crock stoneware in the fridge overnight.
Top Review by scorpiofood
Really easy and good... like chili a little thicker so small addition of tomato paste does the trick- also a tad less chili powder for my taste. The squash makes it sooo delicious!
- 1 butternut squash, medium sized, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, medium sized, diced
- 1 onion, medium sized, finely chopped
- 2 (850.48 g) can tomatoes, diced with juice
- 538.64 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 538.64 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 127.57 g can green chilies, chopped, with liquid
- 236.59 ml vegetable stock
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped