Recipe by AlwaysEnL
This is a great recipe for stuffed peppers, low-fat because it's made with ground turkey instead of beef. It's super easy because it's prepared in the crockpot! It calls for green peppers but I like it with yellow and/or red peppers too! Sooo good!
Top Review by MA Blossom
Very good! I used ground chicken as ground turkey was not available. My peppers were a little small so I layered the leftover stuffing in a small casserole and put it in the freezer to cook another day. Since I was short on time, I cooked the peppers for 4 hours on high in the slow cooker with good results. Served these with a southwestern-style salad. Although the peppers were tasty on their own, we had some tomato sauce on top. Thank you, AlwaysEnL, for this new favourite. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 4 green bell peppers, ribbed and seeded
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup 2% mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix last 6 ingredients, reserving some of the cheese for a topper. Stuff inside the peppers.
- Place in the bottom of your crock pot with a little water (about 1/2 cup) and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Top with remaining cheese and allow 5-10 minutes to melt.