Recipe by momma213
This recipe came from a member of my church. I add a package or 2 of Taco seasoning to this recipe. It is delicious and makes alot!
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch style beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (2 ounce) packets ranch dressing mix
- 1 chopped garlic clove, more if you like
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, I use yellow onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 lbs ground beef, I use 1 1/2
Directions See How It's Made
- For add flavor I also add a package of McCormick or El Paso Taco Seasoning, it tastes Great with it added.
- Turn Crock Pot on high. Mix beef broth and 2 packets ranch dressing, allow to heat in crock pot while preparing rest of ingredients. Cook ground beef until browned, add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Add meat mixture and remaining ingredients to crock pot, cook on high for at least one hour then turn to low and cook for 3 to 4 hours. If you do not have a 6 qt crock pot use a one pound of ground beef and 1 or each additional ingredient, Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream, optional. You can also add some taco seasoning mix to change the flavor. This makes alot!
- I use the canned pinto beans with Jalepeno peppers or sweet onions. I have use bottled ranch dressing and just put a healthy squirt. I also add a can of sliced carrots and have cooked it on the stove instead of the crock pot. I just add everything, bring to a boil and simmer for a hour or so.
- Servings are estimated. This makes at least 6 quarts.