Recipe by mliss29
My mother thinks this sounds like the recipe she used at Thanksgiving that I have been bugging her for. She can't find her book and she found this at About.com. I tried it today to take to a friend's Ayyam-i-Ha party, as he was making turkey. It was really good and got many compliments. I have to admit that during its day of cooking it reeked of garlic and I was a little worried about it. But when it was all done, it smelled good and tasted wonderful.
Top Review by Bobbie
Pretty good sweet potatoes. I think I overcooked them -- but that's better than "under" cooked. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the garlic. Although you couldn't really taste it, I could smell it and that just didn't seem right with sweet potatoes. I'm sure I'll make these again. They were quick and easy. Next time I will either reduce the cooking time or cut the potatoes in larger chuncks. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup apricot filling
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart crock pot and sprinkle with garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender and glazed, stirring once during cooking time.