Recipe by KyJo
Very tasty and couldn't be easier.
Top Review by Fern589
Loved them! I had two sweet potatoes to use up and didn't feel like baking them like I normally do. These tasted wonderful and I didn't even add the butter or the nuts! I wanted to add some cranberries for fun but I was all out, so next time I make them I'll add them in. Can't wait
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or 6 medium yams, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in a 2- 3 1/2 quart crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except nuts, and pour over top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6- 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts over potatoes before serving.