Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Very tasty and couldn't be easier.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes or 6 medium yams, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted nuts
- Place sweet potatoes in a 2- 3 1/2 quart crock pot.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except nuts, and pour over top of potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 6- 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender.
- Sprinkle toasted nuts over potatoes before serving.
Loved them! I had two sweet potatoes to use up and didn't feel like baking them like I normally do. These tasted wonderful and I didn't even add the butter or the nuts! I wanted to add some cranberries for fun but I was all out, so next time I make them I'll add them in. Can't wait
TERRIFIC!!! Delish-iosa! TRUE! Made kitchen smell GREAT too! Was bit apprehensive how it would turn out, Happy Happy chappy...so can sing our praises and SHOUT!
Let me say that I think this is a recipe to try. First because sweet potatoes are a "healthier" alternative to white potatoes and are often ignored except at Thanksgiving. Second, because it's an easy way to prepare them and who isn't looking for that? I think it's a recipe you try and it's certainly edible, and then you tweak with a little more of this or less of that to your liking. Thank You KyJo, I never would have thought of using the crockpot for this or using applesauce.