4 hrs 25 mins
Mindi Bunch's Note:
OK, this is my variation of the recipe I posted previously. My family loves this dish. Even making 60 meatballs, I had NO LEFTOVERS when I made this last time! I serve this over buttered linguine noodles. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices white bread, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1In bowl, combine bread with 1/2 cup water; let stand until absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- 2Stir in beef, yolks, parsley, onion, salt, mustard, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- 3With wet hands roll heaping tablespoonfuls of meat mixture into balls, about 60.
- 4Place in crock pot.
- 5In bowl, mix together soups, flour and 1/4 cup water; pour over meatballs.
- 6Cook on high until cooked through (about 4 hours); stir.
- 7Serve sprinkled with parsley flakes.
- 8**NOTE:Every hour or so, I purged the fat off the top of the sauce.
- 9Since you don't brown your meat first, a lot of fat is left in the crock pot.
- 10Instead of stirring it all up and eating it (ew!), I skimmed it off the top with a ladle and discarded it.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs 2
Serving Size: 1 (1798 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.7
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 149.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g