Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy way to make a delicious treat! Use your favorite nuts: pecans, walnuts, cashews--whatever!
- 1 lb pecans (or walnuts, cashews, any nut)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat crock pot on high for 15 minutes.
- In preheated crock pot stir the nuts and butter until mixed well.
- Add the powdered sugar, stirring to coat evenly. Cover and slow-cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to LOW and slow cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze (should be about 2 hours).
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the spices and sift them over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. Let cool before serving.
Very delicious and easy party food. I used pecans and doubled the recipe and if I did it again, I wouldn't double the amount of butter because I had a little too much butter in the bottom of the crockpot. However, I tipped them out on to some parchment paper and they turned out fine. I added some cayenne pepper to the spices which gave it a nice "bite" with the sweetness. So more-ish! Will definitely do again soon.
This is the perfect 3 pm work snack. One little handful of these stave off my appetite until dinner. I added a little salt to mine, because I like things sweet AND salty. Thanks for the recipe!
We made these this weekend. Oh my, are they ever good. We made a double batch, half walnuts, half pecans. Will definitely make these again!