Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a super easy recipe for any cut of chicken. Just dump it in the crock pot, turn it on low, and forget it. The aroma of the chicken is fantastic and will welcome you home after a hard day. Enjoy!
- 6 -8 chicken drumsticks
- 6 -8 slices pancetta
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried mango
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Spray cooking spray in crock pot sides and bottom.
- Wrap each drumstick in a slice of pancetta. Add drumsticks to the crock pot, seam side of pancetta down in one layer. Add ginger root.
- In a bowl, stir all ingredients except cornstarch.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours. Chicken should fall off the bone and be cooked through. There should be no pink color.
- Drain sauce into saucepan. Cook over low heat until it begins to bubble. Add cornstarch and cook until thickened about 5 minutes. Serve sauce along with chicken. This is good with rice and a salad.
This was delicious! The sauce had a wonderful sheen, a perfect balance between sweet and sour and the liquid smoke gave it just the right note. I am not fond of drumsticks so I used cubed chicken breast, diced the pancetta and put it in the crockpot with the rest of the ingredients, served it over Israeli Couscous and enjoyed it very much! Made and reviewed for RSC Potion #18