Recipe by Denise in NH
Cook the pasta, toss the salad and enjoy
Top Review by Linda Owen
Had a great blend of taste. The only thing we found we would change was I would add some spaghetti sauce to the mix. It didn't coat the noodles well, more like a stew than a sauce. I will definitely cook this again. Thanks
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (I use the chopped in a jar)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, onions, pepper, mushrooms and garlic over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until ground beef is cooked.
- pour ground beef mixture ino crock pot; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.