Recipe by Lisa1
Nice change of pace from regular spaghetti sauce - from "Fix It and Forget It Slow Cooker Magic" magazine.
Top Review by sbera007
I have always wanted to try bbq spaghetti and now I am glad I did. I made three changes (less onion, more garlic, and I added turkey bacon to sauce). It was great. I think I will use the leftover sauce to make a lasagna. This is a keeper! Thanks!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- hot cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non- stick skillet, cook turkey, onion, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain.
- Transfer meat mixture to crock pot.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, ketchup, broth, Worcesteshire sauce, brown sugar, cumin and chili powder. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over spaghetti.