Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy and really tasty. Not the oridinary burrito. My husband and I tried making burritos a few different ways and both agreed that we love these the most. My husband pours some burrito sauce over his and eats it with a fork, while I wrap it and it eat with my hands.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- burrito-size flour tortilla
- Spanish rice
- fat free sour cream
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot with chicken broth and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. They're done when you can shred them easily.
- Meanwhile, make a Spanish Rice. I use Rice-A-Roni.
- Shred chicken and save 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth in the crockpot. If you need more, just add water. Add shredded chicken back to broth.
- Add packet of burrito seasoning and can of refried beans to chicken mixture and stir.
- Heat through.
- Heat tortillas according to directions.
- Place some spanish rice on tortilla.
- Add some chicken over the rice, a scoop of black beans and some sour cream to taste.
- Roll burrito and enjoy! I use 2 tortillas so it doesn't break because I like to pick it up. My husband pours some burrito sauce from the crock pot over the top and eats with a fork.
Funny how I was looking for a recipe for this exact thing, and I stumbled upon your recipe. El. It's awesome and super easy. Spicy and his dad loved it! G