Recipe by Hey Jude
This is absolutely my favorite way to cook short ribs - it's a longtime family favorite. Serve it over any type of noodle you like...I prefer the thicker, German style noodle for this dish.
Top Review by Merlot
Hi Judy ! What a great way to prepare short ribs! The house smelled wonderful as these cooked and we could hardly wait for it to be finished. Easy to make and your instruction were easy to follow. Thank you for sharing. :-)
- 4 lbs short rib of beef, cut in 2 to 3 inch lengths
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put short ribs on a broiler pan and broil until well browned to remove excess fat.
- Put ribs in crock pot.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and saute onion until golden, pour in ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Heat until blended.
- Pour over ribs.
- Cover, cook on low 8 hours.
- Cook noodles per package directions.
- Serve ribs over noodles.