Crock Pot Beef Short Ribs
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 4 hunks each
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard or 1/2 teaspoon Keen's dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Brown ribs in oil and place in crock pot with the onions, spuds and carrots.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over ribs and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove ribs and veggies, and add the cornstarch mixture to thicken liquid if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy recipe and had good flavor. I did not get it on when I wanted to and had only six hours in the crookpot. I sarted out on high reducing to low. After six hours thay were tender and flavorful. The only thing that I did different was to add some liquid smoke to the recipe. I will try it again when I can get the full 8 to 1o hours on low and see what happens.
I made this for my family's Christmas eve party and it was decent but I probably wouldn't make short ribs with this recipe again. The meat was falling off the bone which was nice, but I didn't think the flavor was much of anything. I doubled the sauce and then when all was said and done we didn't end up making any gravy. Maybe we would have like it more had we made up the gravy. Will post pic soon. Thank you for posting!