Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Thick delicious stew. The kids love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans red beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 5 cubed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup rice
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup water
- Brown ground beef in skillet. Pour off excess fat, rinse with hot water to remove more fat.
- Put all ingredients together in crock pot and cook on high until potatoes are cooked.
- 4-6 hours.
substituted chili beans and Progresso tomato basil, also used a whole onion and only 2 potatoes. Loved it.
The ingredients were good and it was easy to prepare, but overall it tasted really bland.
One of my friends used to make a goulash (for lack of a better name) that was quite similar to this and I could never duplicate it exactly. This came really close. I omitted the chili powder because I don't use it but really enjoyed the recipe. Thank you! Margie