7 hrs 10 mins
Got this recipe/tip from a friend, great for the winter time, and it leaves your crock pot clean! Please note that my crockpot is a heavy ceramic one from the 80's. In view of a reviewers comment - I can only ask that you please cook for the full length of time stated in the recipe for your first time, keeping an eye on it of course, and then adjust from there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For OAMC place all ingredients in the oven bag and into a plastic freezing bag, and freeze.
- 2When ready to cook, take straight from the freezer - no need to thaw - add salt and pepper and place in prewarmed crock pot in oven roasting bag only.
- 3Make sure top of oven bag is next to crock pot lid.
- 4Cook on high for 4 hours, and reduce to low for another 3 -4 hours.
- 5Remove carefully from crock pot and place into a container that will hold juices of meat.
- 6Split bag, remove roast, drain juices into a saucepan, and thicken with a little cornflour to suit.
- 7If cooking a thawed roast, reduce cooking time by 2 hours.
- 8Please use your own judgement for cooking times, as every one's crock pot is different.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roast (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g