Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy & Delish I used 1 2 1/2 - 3lb eye round roast beef you can use what ever cut you like. Gravy is so good!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs beef roast
- 1 (2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Cover roast with shallot, garlic & pepper.
- Sprinkle onion soup on top.
- Cover crock pot.
- Cook on low about 8hrs.
- If gravy is desired.
- Strain juices & put in a small pan.
- Add 1/2- 1 cup water.
- Heat to boil.
- Mix 1-2 tbs corn starch with a little water.
- Blend into juices.
- Heat & stir until desired thickness.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
- Serves 4-5.
My husband is a former teppan yaki chef and is really hard to impress. He said this was the best roast he has ever eaten.
I made this for my husband, super super easy, and delish!!!!
This had a great taste with the dry onion soup mix added. I used 1 small red onion,added 4 cloves of garlic with 2 cups of water,into the microwave for 3 minutes. Poured it over the meat that was in the crock pot! Ooooo, I also added jalepano pepper from my garden!