Recipe by Chefcheryl
This is my own recipe. I wanted a pork roast that would fall apart with an apricot flavor so I came up with this very simple recipe that you can put in the crock pot at noon and it'll be ready when you get home from work with just a little finish prep work. We eat this will rolls and a salad.
Top Review by VickyJ
We had this for a Saturday dinner. It was very good. The only thing is that the apricot jam added a sweetness, but not like I think it should have. It didn't really blend in well with the broth, even after stirring it several times. Maybe it was the brand of jam I used. Other than that, the roast and carrots were delicious. I used chicken broth, because I didn't have any italian bouillon. With that, i added a bay leaf as I always do with roasts. Thank you for the tasty roast recipe.
- 1 (3 lb) pork roast, I prefer neck roast or butt
- 6 medium carrots (peeled and cut into thick chunk slices)
- 3 cups water (1 cup per lb of meat)
- 3 italian bouillon cubes (chicken can be substituted, need 1 cube per cup of water, chicken broth can also be substituted)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot jam (or homemade freezer jam works well too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave water and bouillon cubes together until cubes have dissolved. Turn Crock pot onto high. Place pork roast into bottom of crock pot and add bouillon water over top.
- Place peeled and cut carrots into the bouillon in the crock pot, cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours. 1/2 hour to 1 hour before you are ready to eat add the jar of apricot jelly over the pork roast, cover and continue to cook.
- Serve with rolls and a salad.
- The apricot flavoring makes the carrots more like a dessert than a vegetable.